The County of Riverside Commission for Women is accepting nominations for its 2013-2014 Woman of the Year awards. The awards are bestowed upon an outstanding woman in each supervisorial district who has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to her community by working to improve the status of women and their families in Riverside County.
New this year, the commission also will be honoring a Young Lady of the Year from each supervisorial district. To qualify, young ladies must be 10 to 18 years of age. Nominations may be submitted by U.S. mail, email or online.
Nomination applications are due no later than 5 p.m. Feb. 14. and should be as detailed as possible. To be considered a:
- 1. Nomination may be submitted by an individual, business, nonprofit organization, government agency, labor union, trade or professional organization, or educational or religious institution.
- 2. Nominee must reside/work/attend school in the supervisorial district of Riverside County for which she is nominated.
- 3. Nomination must outline the areas in which the nominee has made an important and noticeable contribution to her community as a leader who helped make Riverside County a better place for women to reach their full potential.
- 4. Nomination must explain the areas in which the nominee has gained the respect of her peers. Is she often called upon for advice, mentoring or decisions in these areas? Is she willing to help?
- 5. Nominee may have been recommended for a specific achievement, program, project, or for cumulative volunteer or professional achievements that demonstrate her impact on the lives of the women and families in Riverside County for the better.
Current members of the County of Riverside Commission for Women are ineligible for nomination. Nominations will be reviewed by distinguished Riverside County leaders and the name of each award winner will be forwarded to the Commission for Women. Each winner will be selected based upon her work to bring about social and economic change, promote women’s equality, serve as an outstanding role model to women and girls, work on behalf of women’s issues or outstanding performance within her profession to further advocate women’s rights and improve the status of women in Riverside County.
Award winners will be notified and awards will be presented at the Riverside County Board of Supervisors meeting on March 18 at 9 a.m. The Board’s meeting chambers is at 4080 Lemon St. in Riverside, first floor.
Nominations may be submitted by mail to: County of Riverside Commission for Women
Attention: Sundae Sayles
2013-2014 Woman of the Year & Young Lady of the Year
4080 Lemon Street, 7th Floor
c/o Human Resources
Riverside, CA 92501
Faxed nominations may be sent to (951) 955-3479 and email nominations should be sent to CFWEMAIL@rivcocfw.com. Nominations also may be submitted online at
For more information, go to http://www.rc-hr.com/cfw/.